Subject to any last minute government intervention, the Midweek Triples will be starting in May, and it is expected that the season will run until September.
All Midweek triples matches will be played on a Wednesday evening unless there is a clash with a men’s Wiltshire league match (July onwards), when an alternate day will be agreed.
Matches will be played over 18 ends
Start time will be 6pm
Dress Code: White or Blue club polo shirts, grey trousers or grey skirts. All team members to wear the same colour – team organisers to ensure all members adhere to dress code.
Teams will consist of 4 players
Should you not wish to play on a regular basis but would like to be considered as a “stand-in”, please indicate in your response.
Teams will be drawn and participants notified in early May 2021
Rinks will be socially distanced in accordance with Bowls England guidelines
Social distancing rules in force at the time must be strictly adhered to
The changing rooms and toilets will be open (masks must be worn inside the Club)
The bar will be open, but will be table service (outside) until May 17th when Step 3 rules of the “Path out of lockdown” are invoked.
Because there will be no catering after matches, the match fee will be reduced to £1.50
For the immediate future (at least until June 21st) the following will apply:
- All equipment may be used including pushers, scoreboards, Please clean/sanitise before and after use
- Sanitiser gel for player’s hands, detergent, and blue roll will be kept in the covered are next to the green keeping shed
Playing the game
- Do not shake hands or make physical contact with other players before, during or after a game
- Only two players should handle the mat during the session. and this should be set by only one player throughout the session i.e. after each end the winning player chooses where the mat is to be placed and the designated player places as instructed.
- Similar procedure if pushers are used.
- Two jacks (one at each end) should be used, and this should be set by only one player throughout the session i.e. after each end the winning skip chooses where the jack is to be placed and the designated player places as instructed.